Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick easy side dish with any Mexican meal or whatever you like to serve with refried beans. About 15 minutes to the table can't be beat.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans (spicy is better)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine refried beans, pinto beans, salsa and 1/3 cup cheese in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until hot and the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the hot mixture into a 2 qt baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with green onions.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
What a easy and delicious side dish this is! I made it as written and served it along side Kittencalskitchen's Chicken Avocado Cheese Bake with a tossed salad. This recipe is so easy and quick to put together, you don't even need to look at it. A definite keeper! Thanks for posting!!
Very good and so easy. Makes canned beans taste like homemade. I've served this several times as a side with a Mexican meal.
Thanks for a delicious side dish!! I used some Salsa Verde that was just sitting there in the fridge, Monterey Jack and about 1/4 of a yellow onion. Didn't bother to broil it, 'cuz I'm really lazy. My DH was really impressed and couldn't believe it was basically a can of this and a can of that. Thank you, again, for a super easy and tasty side dish :)