Recipe by DDW
A quick easy side dish with any Mexican meal or whatever you like to serve with refried beans. About 15 minutes to the table can't be beat.
Top Review by Normaone
What a easy and delicious side dish this is! I made it as written and served it along side Kittencalskitchen's Chicken Avocado Cheese Bake with a tossed salad. This recipe is so easy and quick to put together, you don't even need to look at it. A definite keeper! Thanks for posting!!
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans (spicy is better)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky salsa
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Position oven rack in upper third of oven.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine refried beans, pinto beans, salsa and 1/3 cup cheese in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until hot and the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the hot mixture into a 2 qt baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with green onions.
- Broil until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 2 minutes.