1/18 Photos of Easy Enchiladas (Beef or Chicken)
These easy enchiladas are my husband's favorite recipe of mine. Because of the many different options, it is very versatile.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I prefer fresh minced)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (more or less for your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I like the jack or cheddar combos)
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce (I prefer the green sauce)
- olive (optional)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1If using chicken, boil chicken in water.
- 2Then rinse and shred with fork.
- 3Add onion and garlic.
- 4If using ground beef, brown with onion and garlic, drain.
- 5Add next 7 ingredients (worcestershire sauce through black pepper).
- 6In another skillet, heat oil.
- 7Add tortillas, one at a time, for 10 seconds on each side.
- 8Drain on paper towel.
- 9In 10x13 baking pan, pour just enough enchilada sauce in the bottom to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 10Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of meat mixture.
- 11Cheese, onions, and/or olives can be put inside each enchilada at this time, if desired.
- 12Roll tortilla and place seam side down in pan.
- 13Continue with remaining tortillas.
- 14Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with cheese (additional olives may be added if desired).
- 15At this time, pan may be refrigerated for several hours or overnight.
- 16Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes (30 minutes if refrigerated).
- 17Top with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Enchiladas (Beef or Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.5
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.3 mg
- Sodium 1905.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 44.3 g