Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think you'll agree this recipe couldn't be simpler, and it is tasty. I got the recipe from a diet cookbook way back when, but don't remember which one.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 eggs, beaten (can substitute 1 cup egg substitute)
- 1 (16 ounce) can Chinese vegetables, drained (use low sodium variety)
- Mix cornstarch with about 1/4 cup of the broth. Bring remaining broth to a boil over high heat. Stir the cornstarch mixture and the soy sauce into the boiling liquid and continue boiling until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Preheat oven broiler. Break eggs into a bowl and lightly whip.
- Pour eggs into a greased 10-inch oven-proof skillet set over medium heat. Spread drained vegetables over eggs and continue cooking until eggs begin to set. Place pan under broiler until top is golden. Divide foo yung among 4 plates and top each serving with sauce.