Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these a lot for parties and everyone always makes comments on how I make the best deviled eggs. The kids even love to eat them. This is from a 1982 Southern Living cookbook that I have.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard (I usually use 1/2 or maybe a little more---adjust to fit your taste)
- For hard cooked eggs: Put a small pinhole in one end of each egg.
- Place eggs in a pot of water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- When it boils, turn down to simmer.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- When eggs are done, place immediately in a bowl of ice cubes and water (to keep yolks from turning green).
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully remove yolks.
- Mash yolks with mayonnaise (I use a fork).
- Add remaining ingredients except paprika.
- Mix well with hand mixer until nice and smooth.
- Stuff egg whites with yolk mixture.
- Garnish eggs with paprika.
This recipe is great!!!! I have made 250 deviled eggs since I found this recipe a month ago. Now I am not allowed to go to a party unless I bring them.They disappear faster than I can make them. I don't know if poking the eggs prior to boiling works, because I didn't try it. Next time.
Made the deviled egg recipe yesterday. Only thing I regret is that I didn't double the recipe. Easy to make, tastes great and will definitely be making again. Thanx, Shannon!