Recipe by thomas pirkle
Easy rice recipe. Kids love it and simple
Top Review by gregory schulte
okay this tasted wonderful but i had to use a different brand of parboiled rice and increase the time to 40 min to an hour (not sure) gotta love high altitude, and i cooked the hamburger seperate and combined it with the last few minutes of the bacon not sure if that changed the original taste but after the rice tendered up it tasted great. so thank you thomas pirkle for a really easy spanish rice with a great flavor
- 6 slices bacon, preserve drippings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (or more)
- 1⁄2 cup of pace picante salsa
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce
- 2 cups blue ribbon parboiled rice (Found in a box)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the sauce and vegetable and spices in large crock pot.
- Set crock pot to high.
- While that is heating brown the ground beef and cook the bacon.
- When it begins to boil add the ground beef and bacon with bacon dripping.
- Allow it to return to a boil.
- Then add the rice and cover and cook one half hour or until the rice is tender.
- Serves 8 hearty appetites.