Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very thick pumpkin soup that is so easy, yet always gets me rave reviews.
Make and share this Easy Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 fresh pumpkin (doesn't matter what type)
- 4 -5 medium size potatoes (or for a sweeter soup, sweet potato)
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (can be beef, chicken or veg, I just use it instead of salt) or 2 chicken stock cubes (can be beef, chicken or veg, I just use it instead of salt) or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes (can be beef, chicken or veg, I just use it instead of salt)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon really to taste mixed Italian herbs
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 small onions, diced
- Roughly chop the pumpkin - most pumpkins you can leave the skin on because the crock pot cooks over such a long period - and place in the crock pot.
- Chop potatoes up into cubes, dice onions, place in crock pot.
- Put remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- If you don't want very thick pumpkin soup, add some water (careful - crock pots don't lose much water).
- Turn crock pot to auto - I usually either put it on before I go to bed for the next morning, or when I get up in the morning for that evening's meal.
- Pumpkin and potatoes should be very soft when ready for the next step.
- Using either a blender or a hand held barmixer, blend until very smooth.
- Serve with crusty bread, topped with grated cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- This soup freezes very well, and lasts a decent length of time in the fridge. I do find that it will need some water added if you freeze or refrigerate it.
- For Vegetarian use only the Vegetable broth.