Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Super easy and delicious. I love crock pot cooking during my busy weekdays.
Make and share this Easy Crock Pot Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- In a shallow dish, mix flour, dry mustard, garlic powder and seasoned salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Dredge chops in flour mixture, then place them in the skillet, and sear both sides.
- Place in chops into crock pot.
- Lay sliced onions over top of chops.
- Mix together the wine, soup and garlic and pour over all.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, depending on the amount and size of your chops.
These were great, I did make a few changes though - First I added a lot more Chicken Broth I was worried about leaving my Crock pot all day with that little of liquid. I didn't have any white wine - so I used some Sherry. I also browned the pork chops and then browned the onions in that pan and the deglazed the pan with some sherry and poured that into the crock pot. I took some of the season flour and added it to some water and added that to the crock pot as well, as I was worried all the extra liquid would be to runny. The end result was delicious.
Great recipe! I used suggestions from everyone but I know this would be 5 stars without any personal "add in's." I doubled the sauce by using one can of cream of golden mushroom soup, 1 can of cream of chicken, and keeping the wine(the wine does not overpower the dish) the same amount as doubling the sauce indicates. I did add about 3/4 cup of chicken broth. I increased the garlic to 1 1/2 tablespoon and would do more next time. I used Lawry Salt for the seasoning salt. I meant to sautee the onions as someone said but forgot. I think this is a MUST! My family loved this.
This is a KEEPER! I use the Golden Mushroom Soup which gives it a little more zip and cook my medium size chops on low for about 4-5 hrs. max. It's not dried out, but the pork is extremely tender. Thanks for the great recipe.