Recipe by PaulaCS
Paula's Easy Crock Pot Chili
Top Review by Audrey M
While I was outside raking leaves this weekend, it was nice to know that I had a meal waiting for me when I came inside. I didn't know what Tony's Cachere's seasoning was so I used some of Emeril's blend of seasoning. Served it with a side salad and cornbread.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb beef stew meat (can also use buffalo stew meat or omit for vegetarian option )
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans (2 15 oz. cans drained of liquid and rinsed. I use BPA-free cans & Organic)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (also use BPA-free cans & organic if you can find them)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (also use BPA-free cans & organic if you can find them)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more per taste. This depends on the heat strength of your cayenne)
- 1 pinch creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning if avaliable)
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. (if using stew meat or buffalo meat only brown the meat, do not fully cook!).
- Drain meat if necessary.
- Combine meat/onion/garlic mixture with the remainder of the ingredients and put in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf prior to serving.
- I use Frontier Co-op spices that I purchase at my local health food co-op. I find their spices are extremely fresh and their 90,000 hu cayeene is great for slow-cooking recipes!
- If making this as a vegetarian chili, simply skip the meat and add more beans. I love to add black beans. Yum!
- Serve over rice or eat as is.