Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Paula's Easy Crock Pot Chili
Make and share this Easy Crock Pot Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb beef stew meat (can also use buffalo stew meat or omit for vegetarian option )
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans (2 15 oz. cans drained of liquid and rinsed. I use BPA-free cans & Organic)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (also use BPA-free cans & organic if you can find them)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (also use BPA-free cans & organic if you can find them)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more per taste. This depends on the heat strength of your cayenne)
- 1 pinch creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning if avaliable)
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. (if using stew meat or buffalo meat only brown the meat, do not fully cook!).
- Drain meat if necessary.
- Combine meat/onion/garlic mixture with the remainder of the ingredients and put in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove bay leaf prior to serving.
- I use Frontier Co-op spices that I purchase at my local health food co-op. I find their spices are extremely fresh and their 90,000 hu cayeene is great for slow-cooking recipes!
- If making this as a vegetarian chili, simply skip the meat and add more beans. I love to add black beans. Yum!
- Serve over rice or eat as is.
While I was outside raking leaves this weekend, it was nice to know that I had a meal waiting for me when I came inside. I didn't know what Tony's Cachere's seasoning was so I used some of Emeril's blend of seasoning. Served it with a side salad and cornbread.
Very easy recipe to prepare. Crockpot meals are the best. Full of flavour and easy to add more to make spicier. Very easy to double this recipe if having more over for dinner.