8 hrs 15 mins
Paula's Easy Crock Pot Chili
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb beef stew meat (can also use buffalo stew meat or omit for vegetarian option )
- 30 ounces canned red kidney beans (2 15 oz. cans drained of liquid and rinsed. I use BPA-free cans & Organic)
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes (also use BPA-free cans & organic if you can find them)
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (also use BPA-free cans & organic if you can find them)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more per taste. This depends on the heat strength of your cayenne)
- 1 pinch creole seasoning (Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning if avaliable)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. (if using stew meat or buffalo meat only brown the meat, do not fully cook!).
- 2Drain meat if necessary.
- 3Combine meat/onion/garlic mixture with the remainder of the ingredients and put in slow cooker.
- 4Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- 5Remove bay leaf prior to serving.
- 6I use Frontier Co-op spices that I purchase at my local health food co-op. I find their spices are extremely fresh and their 90,000 hu cayeene is great for slow-cooking recipes!
- 7If making this as a vegetarian chili, simply skip the meat and add more beans. I love to add black beans. Yum!
- 8Serve over rice or eat as is.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Chili
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 1260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: