Two Alarm Crock Pot Chili
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey, browned
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red pepper (optional)
- 1 dash salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed (optional)
- Brown ground beef or turkey ahead of time I tend to do this the night before to save time).
- Add all ingredients to crockpot. Omit red pepper if you like it less spicy.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is way better than the packet!!!! I had to add the peppers lol I tell you what.. next time I am thinking I don't need to add them.. lol excellently hot as a good hearty chili should be. I made an old cast iron dutch over full so had to double the recipe. I used elk, antelope, turkey and beef ground together.. just personal preference there. for anyone reading these and trying to decide if this is your recipe, lol stop thinking its IT! LOL Thanks SScuddlers for posting!
This is my favorite chili crock pot recipe! DH absolutely loves it, so I make it whenever I can. I leave out the onions and use an onion powder instead, as I like the flavor of onions, but not the onions themselves. I also use canned chili beans in a chili sauce, for extra flavor. I serve it with fresh baked cornbread, and mmmmmmmm! An easy dinner that is super yummy! Thanks for the great recipe!