- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth (vegetable works too)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth and tomatoes and garlic in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When soup begins to bubble, stir in the heavy cream, whisk briskly and reduce heat to low. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons flour with 2 tablespoons water to make a thickening paste.
- Whisk paste mixture into soup then simmer 5-10 more minutes until desired thickness is obtained. (to make it thicker, whisk in additional past mixture).
- top with your favorite herbs, croutons, cheese, etc.