Easy Creamy Tomato Soup
photo by Diana 2
- Ready In:
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (to taste) (optional)
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1/2-1 teaspoon white salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 - 1 cup whipping cream, unwhipped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- crouton (optional)
- In a large saucepan bring the crushed tomatoes, chili flakes, broth and seasoned salt to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add in sugar, cream and butter; cook until butter is melted and all is combined.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with croutons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Kitten's recipes rock... This one was no exception. Quick, easy, and tasty. I followed Diana #2 and used the Italian style tomatoes I already had. I also used half and half rather than heavy cream, and cut back on the butter to just a few tablespoons, rather than a whole stick. Delish. Served with beer bread. This makes a lot of soup, but seems like it would freeze well if needed. Thanks for sharing!