Vegan Creamy Tomato Soup
photo by WJKing
- Ready In:
- 29 ounces whole tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- Fry onion & garlic in bottom of large kettle.
- Add tomatoes (I like to mix fresh & canned, but use whatever you have!).
- Stir & cook over medium heat until tomatoes are totally soft.
- Add basil & stir.
- Remove from heat & let cool a few minutes.
- Process in Vitamix (or skip the cooling step & process on the (turned off) stove - using a stick blender/wand.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, and welcome to my recipe collection online! My full-time career is that of Realtor...I was born & raised in the Mennonite faith all of my life. My husband was raised in the Amish faith. Together we have a very rich food heritage from both of our parents- much of which has been passed down through the generations - and I'm happy to share some of these recipes here with you! (including canning & freezing recipes) Hope you enjoy them!