Helping Hands's Note:
This soup is fabulous, and much easier than the more complicated, time-intensive potato soup that I sometimes make. It is easy to throw together on a weekday night, or for lunch. You can, of course, use real potatoes (2 cups potatoes, skinned and cut into cubes), but I find it is even easier, and just as delicious, to use canned, sliced potatoes. It is a filling, creamy, and hearty soup, one that can easily be served alone for a complete meal. Although shared with me by my sister-in law, it actually originally came from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook, and then has been adjusted by me. You will love this soup - as my husband says, "This soup is awesome!!!! "
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans canned sliced potatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon johnny's seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and chopped
- shredded cheddar cheese
- 1In a 3-qt sauce pan, combine potatoes, water, regular salt, and pepper.
- 2NOTE: If using real, uncooked potatoes, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 mins, until potatoes are tender.
- 3If using canned potatoes, bring to soft boil.
- 4Turn down heat to medium.
- 5Gradually add soup and milk, stirring constantly.
- 6Add onions, garlic, Johnny's seasoning salt, and dashes of hot sauce, and allow to cook, while stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 7Stir in sour cream, bacon, and parsley, and heat thru.
- 8Top with additional pepper and cheese.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Creamy, Cheesy Potato Soup W/ Crisp Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.5
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 1574.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: