Best Cheesy Potato Soup Ever!
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté celery and onions together.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- In batches, puree potatoes in blender and return to sauce pan. (I usually don't use a blender, I just use a fork).
- Stir in milk and seasonings.
- Add the cheese and heat only until melted. garnish with paprika, croutons, and parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I enjoyed this soup for lunch today. It was quick to make and really easy too. I made one slight change - used beef bouillon because it turned out that I didn't have chicken bouillon. I don't think it affected the taste any as it was great, but the colour may be a bit darker. As mentioned by *Parsley*, I too used an immersion blender. I think next time I would leave some large chunks in the soup just for fun. Thx Cori!