Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
i love corn!!! made super easy and quick by using very few ingredients and cornbread mix!! can be easily modified by adding beans, onions, jalepenos, peppers, etc! from woman's day mag.. =)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) envelope cornbread mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- garlic or sugar
- spices (and everything nice, as needed )
- combine all ingredients. easy right?.
- let stand 5 minutes.
- heat vegetable oil in pan.
- drop heaping tablespoons of batter into hot oil.
- cook for 1 - 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- flatten with spatula after turning.
- Eat! serve warm or at room temp with honey, maple syrup, sour cream, salsa, anything!