1/2 Photos of Easy Coq Au Vin
This is a pared-down version of a French classic: chicken pieces are seasoned and browned, then braised in a red wine sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2Season chicken parts with salt and pepper and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl.
- 4Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to skillet.
- 5Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
- 6Cover skillet and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- 7In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Coq Au Vin
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.3 mg
- Sodium 505.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 53.8 g