Recipe by Stephanie Z.
This is a pared-down version of a French classic: chicken pieces are seasoned and browned, then braised in a red wine sauce.
Top Review by bmxmama
This was a really fabulous dish. I'm not experienced in wines, much less know what to do with them. But I had a bottle of merlot that was suppose to be a gift that never made it that far and I used it for a ZWT 3 challenge in this dish. I really liked it! It was flavorful, simple and really easy to make. I'll make this one again! Thanks for a great one!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves (pressed or chopped)
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken parts with salt and pepper and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to skillet.
- Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover skillet and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.