Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a pared-down version of a French classic: chicken pieces are seasoned and browned, then braised in a red wine sauce.
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken parts with salt and pepper and saute until lightly browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place wine in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Dip chicken pieces into wine, one at a time, and return to skillet.
- Add any remaining wine, stock and onions, stir together and reduce heat to medium.
- Cover skillet and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink inside.
- In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and water and add mixture to sauce to thicken; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes and serve.
This was a really fabulous dish. I'm not experienced in wines, much less know what to do with them. But I had a bottle of merlot that was suppose to be a gift that never made it that far and I used it for a ZWT 3 challenge in this dish. I really liked it! It was flavorful, simple and really easy to make. I'll make this one again! Thanks for a great one!
Delicious! I made exactly as directed, and this was wonderful! Dipping the chicken in the wine to absorb the flavor while it's hot, and then adding the wine and stock together made this dish taste like it was simmering on the stove all day! My family loved this dish! Made for ZWT3.
This was Delicious and the stovetop did all of the work! I added 3 cups of mushrooms, cut in half and some fresh thyme from the garden. I served this with some rice, but I especially enjoyed dipping some sourdough bread into the sauce. Thanks for the wonderful recipe Poo!