Recipe by Gingerbee
A friend of mine got this recipe from her classes cake bake sale. These bars are super fast to make and the whole family will love 'em.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine box cake in a bowl with butter and egg and mix until crumbly.
- Press mixture into a 13" x 9" glass baking pan.
- Whisk together cream cheese, eggs, vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Pour over cake mixture.
- Sprinkle top with coconut and pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; bake for 35 minutes or until just brown on top.
- Refridgerate before cutting into bars.