Recipe by Chef PotPie
Digging through my recipe file I came across this one. The card is well-used, so we must have liked them, but there are no notes on the card. I probably made these when we were first married and times were tough. But I'm going to try them again soon!
Top Review by A Man
I have to say that this is exactly what I was looking for, cracker crumbs and all. I'll use onion powder, as grating them is tedious. I'll be making this tonight, in about an hour. Maybe I'll take a photo, who knows. Thanks for a simple recipe.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) canschopped clams, well drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- lemon slice (to garnish)
- parsley (to garnish)
- tartar sauce, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix clams, eggs, crushed crackers, parsley, and grated onion.
- In pan in hot butter, spoon clam mixture into 4 mounds, gently flattening each with back of spoon.
- Cook cakes until browned on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with tartar sauce and lemon wedges, if desired.