Recipe by annie.luvs.to.bake
From Williams-Sonoma Kids Baking Cookbook (:
Top Review by Cathy S.
These are quick, easy, tasty, chocolate lay and very yummy! The cookies look delicious after baking too. We have made these several times and each time they re easy and delicious. They are a keeper and in our menu rotation. Good stuff!
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 baking sheets with butter (or spray).
- Put the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar and vanilla extract for about 3 minutes (until creamy). Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl!
- Add one egg to the bowl and beat until blended. Then, add the second egg.
- Add the flour mixture. Mix on low speed until blended.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough.
- Roll the dough into a ball using your hands.
- Roll the ball in the confectioners' sugar until covered.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet.
- Space each ball of dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until crackled and puffed.
- Enjoy! (:.