Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
I believe this originally came from the back of a bisquick box. My mom said they are great.
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- additional whipping cream (heavy)
- additional sugar
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease with shortening. Stir Bisquick mix, chocolate chips, 1/3 cup whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, the egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
- Pat into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick mix). Brush circle with additional whipping cream; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate. Serve warm.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.
Fabulous scone recipe! It comes together so quickly and easily that even the kids could make this. Baked up perfectly in 12 minutes with a beautiful golden color. We ate some as dessert warm from the oven and then the rest used for breakfast the next morning warmed up lightly in the microwave. What a treat that really takes no time at all to put together! Thanks for posting a definite keeper! Tagged in 123 Hits tag game.
Yummy!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe as written. I set the time at 12 minutes and when I checked scones, they had the perfect color but the instead was still very wet when tested with a toothpick. I didn't want further browning so I tented them with foil and place back in for 5 minutes and they were perfect. For my oven, which is a top (smaller oven) I would cut back the temperature to 400 or 375 next time, but had I used my standard oven it might not have browned as quickly, ovens vary!!! The end result was a delicious sweet scone!! Will definitely make these quick and easy scones again. Thanks for sharing seesko!! Made for PRMR.