Recipe by seesko
I believe this originally came from the back of a bisquick box. My mom said they are great.
Top Review by HokiesMom
Fabulous scone recipe! It comes together so quickly and easily that even the kids could make this. Baked up perfectly in 12 minutes with a beautiful golden color. We ate some as dessert warm from the oven and then the rest used for breakfast the next morning warmed up lightly in the microwave. What a treat that really takes no time at all to put together! Thanks for posting a definite keeper! Tagged in 123 Hits tag game.
- 2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- additional whipping cream (heavy)
- additional sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or grease with shortening. Stir Bisquick mix, chocolate chips, 1/3 cup whipping cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, the egg and vanilla in medium bowl until soft dough forms.
- Pat into 8-inch circle on cookie sheet (if dough is sticky, dip fingers in Bisquick mix). Brush circle with additional whipping cream; sprinkle with additional sugar. Cut into 8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate. Serve warm.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) No changes.