Easy 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Scones
photo by Jubes
- Ready In:
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 420 g condensed pumpkin soup (I use 99% fat free)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the flour in a medium bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Pour the soup in and mix with a knife until the dough comes together.
- If the dough is too dry add some water, if it is too sticky add some more flour.
- Turn out onto a floured mat and knead lightly.
- Pat out to 1 inch thickness and use a scone cutter to cut out rounds.
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I didn't have any condensed pumpkin soup, but I did have a 520g tin of creamy pumpkin soup, and it seems to have worked just as well. I added a half a cup of roasted pumpkin seeds, as I always have them on hand, and they were delicious!! I'm a bit hit and miss with success with scones, so I was really surprised they worked so well! They're fabulous both with a nice little wedge of good cheese, but equally as delicious with a little smear of really good raspberry jam. My son tried his with maple syrup, and loved them. Recipe says US units, but I used metric cups, because it seemed to be a very Australian recipe? Is it supposed to say US units?
Wonderful pumpkin scones....and nobody would guess that they are so, so easy to make! Just had to try this recipe as it truly seemed too good to be true....but scones turned out amazing :) Reviewed for Pick A Chef April 2013 . Nice to make an Aussie recipe for a fellow Novocastrian too. Photo also to be posted