Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband learned this recipe from one of the guys at the fire station and has taught it to me. It is so quick, easy and delicious.
- 2 pie crusts
- 1⁄2 of a fully cooked chicken (store bought, works wonderfully) or 2 cups of chopped cooked chicken meat
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- Place one pie crust in a pie dish.
- In a bowl mix chopped chicken, soups and frozen mixed vegetables.
- Pour pot pie mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Cover the pot pie with the remaining pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until done.
I thought (and do did my family) that it was very good. I guess I went a little overboard on the ingredients, but also added, portobello mushrooms, cut up asparagus and a little milk also. Not sure what I did wrong but it yielded two pot pies, but that's fine as my family loved it and they don't mind eating leftovers. Thanks for the delicious and easy recipe.
I was so happy to find this quick and easy recipe! My son is a huge pot pie fan, and he loved it! It went over well with my husband and toddler daughter as well. I did add a bit of milk, as well as some poultry seasoning, salt and a touch of nutmeg. I also baked the bottom shell before putting in the filling to make it a bit crispier. Thanks for posting!
Easy, quick and very tasty! The filling was too thick for me, but my husband didn't comment on that. Next time I will add milk to make the sauce thinner. Also, the crust should be trimmed; I tucked mine under which yielded an inedible crust-edge. Thanks for the recipe!