Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
this is a delicious comfort food meal that takes a very short time to put together and will work well using leftover cooked chicken or turkey, you may use your choice of small frozen veggies such as cut green beans, peas, corn, carrots or baby onions or use a mixture.
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
This is how I normally make my chicken and dumplings! It is quick and so tasty. I always leave out the veggies though.Kids think dumplings don't need to have veggies in with them.Go figure!!!One thing I do to make a thicker broth is dip my cut pieces of biscuit in flour before dropping them in the boiling broth.
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 283.49 g can low sodium chicken broth ((mixed with with water to measure 5 cups)
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder (may omit if desired)
- 709.77 ml chopped cooked chicken or 709.77 ml turkey
- 236.59 ml small frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 212.62 g can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (such as Pillsbury)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the chicken soup with water to measure 5 cups then add/whisk in the 2 cans of undiluted cream of chicken soup and garlic powder until smooth and combined.
- Transfer to a Dutch oven then add in cooked chicken or turkey and frozen vegetables and black pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat-high stirring.
- Separate the biscuits in half forming 2 rounds, then slice each round in half.
- Drop the biscuits into the simmering mixture one piece at a time then gently stir.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, stirring gently a few times during cooking.