Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Such a simple casserole that is very filling and delicious. A friend gave me this recipe when I needed something easy to cook for a family dinner. I've since made it several times and always receive compliments. This recipe is also easy to double, or even triple, for large families.
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Brown chicken in skillet.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on box.
- Stir soup into prepared stuffing.
- Pull chicken apart into bite-size pieces.
- Mix chicken evenly into soup and stuffing mixture.
- Spread mixture into greased 9"x11" pan.
- Top with cheese if desired.
- (I usually do not do this, but its a personal preference.) Bake until top is slightly browned or cheese is melted.
- (Approx 15 minutes).
This was very simple to make and very tasty but a little dense with too predominant a stuffing flavour for me. My husband loved it and I would definitely make this again. I will increase the chicken and use a little less soup. Thanks for this one, it's a keeper.
A very good casserole! My family loved it. We ate it all up...no leftovers. I used cream of chicken soup and added some extra cheddar cheese to the stuffing mixture. I also used a 2 quart round dish instead of the 9X11 dish. We will definatly be making this again. I'd probably double it though because my mom and I ate almost the entire thing tonight.
I served this to our usually Thursday night crowd and it was a hit with both the adults and kids. It was very easy to make and tasted so good. I topped it with crushed potato chips for extra crunch. I will definately make this one again. Thanks for the great recipe.