Dom's Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing
From Dom DeLuise. Cooking time does not include refrigeration time.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plum sauce
- 1⁄8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, but left whole
- 1⁄4 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat vinegar in a non-reactive pan over medium heat.
- Add water and sugar, and bring to a boil.
- When sugar is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Add plum sauce, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and sesame oil.
- Refrigerate overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yum! It was way too thin, though, so I simmered it for about an hour. I ended up with a syrupy consistency, perfect for the salad it was intended for.Recipe #392521 Also, I added a dash of salt, as I did not have seasoned rice vinegar, just the plain. (who knew seasoned rice vinegar was nothing more than rice vinegar with salt and sugar added?)Reply
Made this for My 3 Chefs. This is a great basic recipe that I would use again but i would make a few changes to suit my taste. I thought there was a bit too much ginger so I might cut back on that next time. I might also use a bit less water because my dressing was really thin, but I'll definitely make again! Thanks for posting Chocolatl.Reply
see 1 more