Recipe by ellie_
Simple weeknight supper chicken is great served with noodles or rice to soak up the sauce. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1990).
Top Review by Barb G.
What a delicious easy recipe. Love the Thyme in the sauce over the chicken. DH throughly enjoyed it. Served it with spinach noodles and a green salad. What a meal for a week night. Thank you Ellie for sharing, Recipe is a real Keeper.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine or 3 tablespoons white grape juice
- 1⁄2 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with oil in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and thyme and sauté 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add wine or grape juice and cook until reduced by half (5-10 minutes).
- Add soup and half and half and stir until heated (5 minutes).
- While sauce is cooking, melt remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until done about 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.