Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This dish was born out of one those days when grocery shopping day was overdue and we had little in the house that I thought I could pull together as a meal. We had part of a left over store bought rotisserie chicken in the fridge along with odds and ends of veggies that had made it to the end of the week. So, I played it by ear and we ended up really enjoying the results. You could very easily leave out the chicken and make this a vegetarian dish.
Top Review by bluecat0877
This is really delicious!! Will definately make again!! <br/>However if you are English like me, please allow an extra hour to find a sensible answer about converting cup measurements to normal grams or ounces on the internet!!!<br/>It is a complicated system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 2 cups leeks, quartered lengthwise and then chopped up
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 (10 ounce) can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 17 1⁄2 ounces gnocchi
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the gnocchi when it is time and preheat your broiler/grill.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add the oil.
- Put the leeks and carrots in with the oil and cook over a medium heat, stirring frequently, for about five minutes or until the leeks have softened.
- By this time your water should be boiling. So, put the gnocchi in the water and cook according to package instructions. The brand I use only takes two minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the cooked chicken to the pan with the leeks and carrots and just stir through.
- Add the can of mushroom soup to the pan along with the garlic powder and parsley and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked and drained gnocchi and softly stir so the that gnocchi is coated in the other ingredients.
- Transfer to an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and put under the broiler/grill until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with a salad or green veggies.