Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
So easy, so good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices cheese (your choice)
- Place chicken in greased baking dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place sliced onion and pepper on top of chicken.
- Seal pan with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 45 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove foil, place one slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
- Reseal foil and let everything sit (not in oven) for a few minutes, until cheese is melted.
This recipe has a lot of potential. I am giving 5 stars because the concept is right on. I believe it would benefit from some direction in the cheese department. I used sharp cheddar and now feel the recipe needs a much bolder cheese, like a smoked gouda or something along those lines. I only had to cook my 2 breasts for about 30 minutes and they were very done.
This recipe was very easy and good. I did add some minced garlic and mushrooms for a little more flavor. I didn't use slices of cheese but shredded and that worked fine. My two chicken breast cooked for about 30 min. and I think that was just a little bit too long. They were not as moist as I wourld have like but still very good. This is an excellent recipe for a dinner with little time to prepare.