Easy Cheesy Stuffed Chicken
I found this recipe in Kraft's What's Cooking magazine. I thought that it looked absolutely delicious. I haven't actually made it yet, but it's on my menu next week.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (120 g) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 8 pieces chicken, skin on and bone in
- 3⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In medium sauce pan, melt butter and cook zucchini and onion until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir stuffing mix and cheese into zucchini and onion mixture until well blended.
- Insert your fingers carefully in between the skin and meat of each chicken piece to form a pocket and fill evenly with stuffing mixture.
- Place stuffed chicken pieces, skin side up, in a large roasting pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Brush chicken pieces with barbeque sauce and return to oven for an additional 5- 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is delicious! I agree with one of the reviewers that bbq sauce didn't sound to good so I used <a href="/44746">Cream Of Mushroom Soup</a> as a gravy. I added alittle chopped green pepper with the zucchini and onion to the stuffing and I sprinkled seasoning salt and black pepper over the chicken and baked it. It was great! Thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply