Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Kraft website. Nothing fancy, but a tasty dressing up for boxed macaroni and cheese! It's also versatile. When I made it, I added 1/4 teaspoon or so of Montreal Steak seasoning. I also cooked a chopped onion along with the hamburger. You can use whatever seasoning you normally use when you make burgers to spice it up. Jalapenos are good in this as well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix (powder kind)
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add water, ketchup and mustard. Bring to a boil. Stir in the macaroni from the box (but not the cheese yet). Reduce heat, cover and simmer 4 minutes.
- Add thawed vegetables. Simmer another 5-6 minutes covered, until macaroni is tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese powder. Stir well. Sprinkle cheddar over the top and cover for a minute or two until cheese melts.
This was very good. I had some relatives over at the last minute and they joined us for dinner, and enjoyed this. My husband said it was good for a "do-over."