Creamy Cheeseburger Macaroni
I couldn't help but post this recipe. It really does taste like a cheeseburger! My mom made this once for my brothers and I when we were little. I remember loving the flavor of it. Just the other day out of nowhere I was craving this dish. I did an internet search and found it at backofthebox.com, which is basically a recipe site that has recipes found on the back of boxes. This is a Kraft recipe and the blending of these basic ingredients makes the most delicious macaroni and cheese. I like it because it's hearty and includes beef. The velveeta makes it incredibly creamy and the ketchup adds a hint of sweetness. I prefer to use the big macaroni but any size will do. Mmmmmmm so good! I like to serve steamed veggies on the side.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (optional)
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 12 ounces macaroni
- 1 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, cubed
- Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet; drain well.
- Whisk together water, ketchup, and mustard in a bowl. Pour over meat and bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni and turn heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until macaroni is cooked and almost all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cubed Velveeta cheese until melted and distributed evenly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was amazing and soo simple! I will not be making boxed hamburger helper anymore! I added a little salt and pepper. I used 3/4 pound Velveeta White Queso cheese because it was all I had on hand and I shredded about a 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese to mix in. The dish came out rich and flavorful. Loved it!Reply