This is a quick and easy way to make something different for dinner that everyone will love!
- Ready In:
- 1 family size box macaroni & cheese dinner mix (I use Kraft or the store brand with the powdered cheese mix)
- 1 lb hamburger
- salt and pepper
- garlic (I usually put in two cloves)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Make your mac and cheese per the box instructions. Salt and pepper the meat and add a clove or two of garlic, brown meat. Combine the prepared mac and cheese with the hamburger mixture, add additional cheese if desired to make this nice and cheesy! Serve warm!
- Variation: you can add diced onion to the hamburger and cook it when you brown the hamburger.
- I usually brown my hamburger in the microwave. I put the meat in a microwave safe bowl along with the garlic (and onion if you like) and then put in microwave for three minutes on high. After three minutes take it out and stir it up, breaking the meat into pieces. Then microwave in 30 second bursts, taking it out and stirring until all the meat is brown. Then when you add the mac and cheese you can just put it in this bowl and serve. This saves how many bowls you have to dirty in the kitchen to make this dinner.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I gave this recipe 3 stars. This recipe is super easy and fast. I made this for my dinner after my newphews and nieces Karate class. The directions didn't say to drain the browned ground beef so I didn't. I did add the extra cheese for more protein. Overall this was ok but needs more flavor. I'd make it again playing with the recipe and adding the onion listed in number 3. Thanks for posting christine (internetnut)Reply