Creamy Baked Gouda Macaroni
A slightly more elegant version of that family favorite Macaroni and Cheese!
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 2/3 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups gouda cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 8 oz.
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- In 2-quart casserole dish, combine soup, milk, chives, mustard, and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in macaroni and cheese. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Enjoyed this macaroni and cheese especially using the gouda cheese instead of cheddar. Cooked tri-color rotini pasta and let that drain well. Added enough milk to thin down the soup a bit and than added it to the pasta along with everything but the hot sauce. Placed in a glass baking dish and topped with some extra bread crumbs. A very good meatless meal but I think adding diced ham and broccoli would also be tasty. Made and reviewed for Susie's World Tour 2019 - Benelux.Reply
Great upscale Mac and Cheese. I cooked the macaroni in my Instant Pot and maybe one minute too long. I used some chicken broth in the water. I also had a giant chunk of Gouda and shredded a big piece. Might have been closer to a pound. Used it all. Can't have too much cheese. Subbed crushed Ritz crackers for bread crumbs. Loved by all.Reply
see 4 more