Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another quick & easy recipe. I have not tried it, but it is always good to have quick, short recipes around, isn't it? 8)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425° degrees.
- Spray a 8-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef with onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper over high heat.
- Add the ketchup and cheese; mix well.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Place the biscuits on top of the beef mixture.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden and cooked through.
Yummy! I made it with a layer of tater tots on the top instead of biscuits and my meat and potatoe loving DH raved about it!
Sorry, but my family was just not crazy about this dish. I won't rate it because it may have been my fault. I was out of onion powder, so I added a small chopped onion and cooked it with the ground beef and I used Velveeta for the cheese. I also followed Little Bee's hint and used tater tots on top. Everyone complained that it tasted just like hamburger helper! (Not a good thing in this house) I will make it again as written and rate it then.
It was good and filling. I used minced garlic instead of garlic powder as a matter of preference. Thanks for the simple recipie!