Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use your favorite pizza crust and sauce recipe or use Kittencal's Pizza Sauce Not to worry if you do not have two oven racks, you can switch positions after the first baking. Adjust the sauce and cheese amounts to taste. Prep time does not include making the pizza dough or sauce. Feel free to use your favorite cheese blend in place of the mozzarella.
Top Review by Kohtzy
I think some people have been very nasty on this review. The point of this recipe is to be quick and easy, and I thought this was a nice, simple recipe that can easily be "dressed up" to suite your tastes (I too like adding some basil or chicken to it). Thanks, Kittencal!
- 1 prepared pizza dough (for a 12-inch pizza, use your own favorite pizza dough recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set one oven rack to lowest position and another oven rack to the middle position.
- Place a rimless baking sheet onto the bottom rack, then set oven to 500 degrees.
- Meanwhile roll out the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle then brush with olive oil.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven (leaving oven temperature to 500 degrees) then slide the dough onto the preheated baking sheet using a spatula as a guide).
- Bake crust on BOTTOM RACK for 8 minutes.
- After the 8 minutes remove from oven and spread the pizza sauce into an even layer over the crust leaving about a 1/4-inch border.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake MIDDLE OVEN RACK for an additional 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the cheese melts.
- Using a pizza cutter slice into 12 wedges.