Recipe by loof
This version of this popular dish is so easy, made with common ingredients and everyone loves it! From the "Lone Star Cookbook 1997-98", Aggie Moms Club, Texarkana TX.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
I'm use to making cavatini with an alfredo sauce, but this version is just as yummy. I use Dreamfield pasta (diabetic friendly) so I am limited in the shapes I can use. I used penne pasta, macaroni and rotini...other than that I followed the directions as posted. This dish tasted almost like lasagna without all the hassles of laying out the lasagna noodles. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni
- 1 (15 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- 1⁄2 rotini pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the onion and green pepper.
- Cook pastas together; drain well.
- Saute beef, onion, and green pepper until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are soft. Add the pepperoni and heat thoroughly. Drain excess grease.
- Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spray a 3-qt casserole with cooking spray. Put 1/2 of the pasta in the casserole. Spoon 1/2 of the meat sauce mixture over the pasta. Spoon the container of cottage cheese over the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining pasta, then sauce, then mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.