Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mum used to make this a lot when we lived in England. It is SO healthy and delicious! This soup is very thick. If you prefer a thinner consistency then add some water (or more broth). This is hearty enough for a main meal served with some crusty bread. Thanks mum for letting me share your recipe.
- Heat oil in a large pan on a medium heat.
- Add the onion and the celery. Saute until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots and cook for a further 3 minutes so that they have chance to sweat. Add the spices and stir for one minute.
- Add the lentils and the stock. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, till the carrots are easily pierced with a fork.
- Put half the soup into a blender and puree. Return to pot and combine with the rest of the soup.