Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a fabulous sauce that is so simple to make, it is rich and silky. I have tried many different recipes for Butterscotch Sauce and I always come back to this one. If you want you can make a double recipe and keep the extra portion in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a month, just spoon out what you need into a saucepan and heat gently, and whisk constantly.
- 4 ounces butter, 110gms
- 6 1⁄2 ounces dark brown sugar
- 4 ounces vanilla sugar
- 10 ounces golden syrup
- 1 cup double cream
- Place the butter, sugars and syrup into a heavy based saucepan and heat gently until the butter is melted and the ingredients are combined.
- Increase the heat and simmer for 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Slowly add the cream making sure to mix vigorously to combine.
- Return to the heat and stir constantly for another couple of minutes until the sauce is silky smooth.
- Serve hot or cold.
Very, very nice sauce ~ in fact, OUTSTANDING, & it could hardly be easier to put together! Certainly a keeper in my file of great sauces! [Tagged, made & reviewed for the one who invited me to join in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]