Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful easy dessert, to save time prepare your cake a day ahead.
Top Review by CoffeeB
I love trifles to make for special occasions. This one did not disappoint as it's so deliciously moist and yummy. I actually took this recipe and divided into two dessert bowls. One for DH for Valentines and another for DS and girlfriend. I decided to up the pudding amount and so folded into the CoolWhip a pkg. of sugarfree instant white chocolate that I made along with the devils food instant chocolate in order to get just a bit more pudding mixture for both bowls. Perfect. Thanks for a great recipe and one I'll be making again. Made for 123Hits.~
- 1 prepared chocolate cake (baked and fully cooled)
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (prepared with milk)
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip Topping
- 3 -4 butterfinger candy bars, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the baked cake into med-large size cubes, then place half of the cubes in the bottom of a large glass serving bowl/trifle bowl.
- Spread half the prepared chocolate pudding on top, then top the pudding with half of the Cool Whip, then half of the crushed candy.
- Repeat the layers ending with crushed candy on the top.
- Refrigerate the trifle.