Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Fronia Theobald). Excellent breakfast casserole! Delicious!
- 2 (12 ounce) packages bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
- Cook sausage, bell pepper, and onion in skillet over medium heat, until done.
- Stir together sausage mixture, potatoes, and 1 1/2 cups cheese in baking dish.
- Stir bisquick, milk, pepper, and eggs until well blended.
- Pour into baking dish,.
- Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted.
- Cool and serve.