Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Paula Deen's Recipe. This is so simple and delicious. The bourbon gives the pie such a rich flavor. It's my husbands favorite pie of all time!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons good-quality Bourbon
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells, unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar and melted butter.
- Add the corn syrup, eggs, pecans, and bourbon, & stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour mixture into an unbaked pie shell, and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and lower the temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes, or until the pie is set.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.