Kentucky Derby Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Ready In:
- 10 inches pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 3⁄4 cup good quality chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups toasted pecans, shelled & chopped in half if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep pie crust according to directions, either refrigerated, or from scratch using a deep dish pie pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, on medium speed with whisk attachment, whip butter, sugars, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and bourbon together until frothy.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in chocolate chips & pecans. Blend well by hand.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake 50-60 minutes or unti loset.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src="<a href=" alt="" />http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />I am devoted wife and mom who loves to cook for my family and friends. My great passion is watching my daughter perform with her high school bands. She absolutely amazes me at her talent! As a board member of our local summer youth theater organization I get to work with so many talented teens from all over the area. These kids prove that not all teens are bad and lazy, they work hard all summer long to put on a quality show for the community and I'm proud to spend time with them. I use many of the cookie/dessert recipes here to prepare for show weekend to sale at the concession booth before and during intermission each evening. <br /><br />My all time pet peeves are people who talk through movies and people who chew with their mouths open. <br /><br />If I had a month off with no work to do...I would plan it for the fall so that I could travel to football games around the country.</p>