Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Like the recipe says, this is easy :P
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- salt and pepper
- Cook rice according to package instructions. White rice usually takes 15 minutes to cook once the water is simmering, and 10 minutes to sit.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium high. Sauté onions and bell peppers for 3-4 minutes, until just beginning to soften, then add garlic and sauté a minute more. Add the black beans, vinegar and Tabasco or cayenne. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste.