Recipe by Rita~
Using canned beans makes this dish not just quick and easy but delish! And you have everything in your cabinet so make it now!
Top Review by Bev
Rita, this is a wonderful one dish meal. My husband and I enjoyed this so much. I made as directed. He ate with fresh salsa. I wrapped mine in a flour tortilla with shredded lettuce, chopped fresh tomato and salsa. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Rita! I will definitely serve this one again!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth, see my recipe posted or use store bought
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups canned black beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion,pepper and garlic and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and black beans.