Using canned beans makes this dish not just quick and easy but delish! And you have everything in your cabinet so make it now!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth, see my recipe posted or use store bought
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups canned black beans, drained
- In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion,pepper and garlic and saute for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the spices and black beans.