1/5 Photos of Easy Black Beans and Rice
Using canned beans makes this dish not just quick and easy but delish! And you have everything in your cabinet so make it now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth, see my recipe posted or use store bought
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups canned black beans, drained
- 1In a stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- 2Add the onion,pepper and garlic and saute for 4 minutes.
- 3Add the rice and saute for 2 minutes.
- 4Add the vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- 5Add the spices and black beans.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Black Beans and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.2
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 464.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: