Cuban Black Beans and Rice (Quick)
In this recipe I use the canned black beans instead of the dried. It makes this dish a lot faster to make.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce or 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients except rice in a 2 qt casserole.
- Bake uncovered about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This had a wonderful complex flavor, with the orange, molasses, and chili powder. I was in a hurry, so I cooked on the stove. I used ketchup and Penzey's Bold Taco Seasoning. This went SUPER with our fajitas, which also had orange juice in the marinade. I used about half the molasses amount. Yum! These beans went great inside the fajita and part of a taco salad, too (I thought it was the BEST part). I do look forward to making this again over rice, too. Thanks for posting! RoxygirlReply
see 2 more