Recipe by Hazeleyes
This is a very simple and tasty beef stew. I always use the lower sodium soups. The house always smells so good when we get home from work! Perfect on a cold winter day. Feel free to spice the soup up. I usually sprinkle some spicy salt-free seasoning on the meat and vegetables.
Top Review by sosiboys
This was ok for me. I tend to like stews a little more thicker so if that is what you are looking for this recipe is not for you. I followed it exactly as stated and it was just "ok" it didnt wow me.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck or 2 1⁄2 lbs beef rump, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into chunks (leave the peel on)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice (such as spicy V-8)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the beef cubes into a large greased
- baking dish (10x14 inch).
- Layer the vegetables on top of the meat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the tomato sauce, beef broth, soup and vegetable juice.
- Pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover tightly with lid or foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 3-4 hours.
- Stir well before serving.