1/1 Photo of Easy Beef Enchilada
1 hr 5 mins
This is a sure hit for Mexican food lovers, potlucks and when you don't have time to make authentic enchiladas. I'm not sure where I got this, as the first time I made it was over 25 years ago. I believe it came from a ladies club cookbook they sold for money for charities. You can use hot peppers, mild or leave them out all together. The topping is so rich 'n creamy and you don't need to mix it. This is my family's favorite 1 dish meal. Very easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger (I use 2 sometimes)
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 -14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (use Rotel for heat)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (only if meat seems too dry)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped chilies (I use mild or optional)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese, your favorite
- 12 -14 corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- 1Heat oven to 350º and spray a 9x13 pan.
- 2Heat skillet and fry and crumble hamburger with onion.
- 3Add 1 can of diced tomatoes (rotel if you want it hot) and canned peppers.
- 4Add taco seasoning.
- 5As this simmers, line pan with 6 of the corn tortillas,(if using 14 tortillas, fill in the holes with torn pieces of the 7th one) pour in hamburger mixture, drain off extra oil.
- 6Place 6 more corn tortillas on top, using torn pieces of the last tortilla (if using 14) to fill in the holes. Spread 1 can of cream of chicken soup over top of tortillas.
- 7Next, sprinkle the 2 cups of grated cheese over soup.
- 8Pour 1 cup of milk evenly over cheese, no need to mix.
- 9Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- 10If you want the topping more firm, remove foil and bake 5 minutes more.
- 11Serve with warm buttered flour tortillas and a side of guacamole.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Beef Enchilada
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 725.4
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 1626.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 44.5 g