Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
although this takes about 2 hours in the oven...it couldn't get any easier..hope you enjoy it as much as my family...
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces French onion soup
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cubed
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine soups and seasonings and shredded carrots in a 13x9" casserole dish.
- add stew beef, cut into cubes.mix well.
- cover and bake at 350* for 2 hours -- or beef is tender --
- serve over cooked noodles.that have been drained and tossed wit a little melted margarine or butter -- .
Very easy beef and noodles and loved that it all went into the oven, no browning the meat! I had enough for two regular sized soup bowls so I wouldnt try serving this to 6-8 people unless smaller portions are needed. The cream of mushroom soup and french onion soup made very nice flavored gravy and the stew meat was fork tender. I think I would rather have diced carrots because we didnt really taste the shredded carrots to much. Thank you grandma2969 for sharing your recipe!
made this last night for dinner. i doubled the recipe (we like leftovers), also doubled the seasonings. waaaayy too much pepper, even for dh who loves it. i added some sliced mushrooms that i needed to use. i will certainly make this again as it is so nice to be able to make it ahead and put in the oven when ready. i do think i might dice the carrots and add some sour cream next time.
This was really yummy! I doubled the recipe when I made it tonight because both my parents and my in-laws were coming for dinner so that made 8 of us total. We cleaned out the dish, and could have used more! Plus, I wouldn't have minded some leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Actually, I just realized that I didn't double the seasonings, just the soups, meat and noodles. My son complained that it was too pepper-y, so I think next time I will leave that out. I didn't mind, but I like pepper so I'll be happy to add it to my own portion. Thanks for a great new EASY recipe for my family!