Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hang up that phone. This tasty, take-out style dish is so quick and easy, you'll forget about delivery.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb beef, stir-fry strips
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Catalina dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 2 cups white rice, cooked as directed on package
- HEAT oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add meat; cook 3 minute or until evenly browned, stirring frequently.
- ADD broccoli, hoisin sauce, dressing and gingerroot; stir.
- Cover and cook 5 minute or until heated through.
- SERVE over the rice.
- KITCHENS TIPS:
- If you can't find beef stir-fry strips in your supermarket, substitute any grilling steak, cut into thin strips.
- Make it easy by using jarred minced ginger for the fresh gingerroot.
This gets five stars for the sauce! Who would have thought to combine hoisin sauce and catalina dressing to make beef and broccoli? I added a sliced onion, and stirfryed this first. The only other change I made was to add some crushed red pepper flakes for heat. This beef and broccoli is great! Thanks for sharing...