Chinese Beef and Broccoli
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- Slice the steak against the grain into very thin slices.
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch and pour this mixture over the steak.
- Marinate the meat for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, slice the broccoli at a diagonal and mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan for 30 seconds, add oil, wait about 20 seconds, and add minced garlic and ginger root. Fry over high heat, stirring constantly for about 20 seconds more, then add the beef.
- Stir-fry, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add broccoli and stir-fry for another 4 to 6 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked but still crisp and still dark green.
- Serve hot. This is low in carbohydrates.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used pineapple-orange juice blend instead of the sherry, and doubled the amount of sauce. I also used 2 cups of fresh broccoli instead of frozen. Very good and simple recipe - have made it twice now. My boyfriend requested I make it again after I made it the first time. Good and easy enough to be a "regular".